About Marc Boldt
Marc Boldt is a long-time Clark County resident, living with his family in Hockinson since 1985. Marc and his wife Dawn have six children and three grandchildren and attend the Hockinson Community Church. In 1994, Marc led a church youth mission trip to build housing in Mexico, and conducted farm-method training trips to Albania for SEND Missions in 1992 and 1993.
Marc is a current member of the Clark County Farm Bureau and has served over 20 years as a local youth leader and Sunday school teacher. He is a former member of the Hockinson School District Curriculum Committee and the Future Farmers of America - Clark County Chapter. Marc has served over 10 years as a local 4H Leader.
In 2013, Marc was elected as a Freeholder, and he worked with 14 other elected Freeholders to craft the new county charter that Clark County voters passed in 2014. The new charter makes local government more accountable to the voters and increases citizen representation--two values that Marc holds strongly, and which he will use to guide his work as the first Chair of the newly re-designed Clark County Council.
Citizens demanded this change from the status quo, and Marc is the only candidate equipped with the knowledge, experience, and commitment to service to provide the leadership necessary to keep the county moving forward.
Boards and Committees:
- Arthur D. Curtis Children's Justice Center
- Board of Health (BOH)
- Clark County Audit Oversight Committee
- Clark County Disability Board
- Clark County Fairgrounds
- Clark County Finance Committee
- Clark County Law and Justice (L&J) Council
- Clark County Law Library Board of Trustees
- Clark Transit Agency (C-Tran) Board of Directors
- Clean Water Commission
- Emergency Commissioner
- Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce
- Regional Transportation Council (RTC) Board-Chair
- Southwest Washington Work Force Development Council (WDC)
- Southwest Washington Work Force Development Council Executive Board of Clark County Commissioners (WDC EBOCC)
- Washington State Association of Counties (WSAC)-Vice President
- Southwest Washington Agency on Aging & Disabilities (SWAAD)